The Menu Manager can be found on the Control Panel homepage. You must have "admin" level of access in order to see this icon.
Once you click on the Menu Manager you will see all the various menu sets available for your website.
Clicking on a menu will allow you to see the organization of your menu.
OVERVIEW OF MENU ITEM TYPES USED
The most common Menu Item Type Solutio Software uses is the Category Blog. Other Menu Item Types we frequently use are:
- Category Blog - Displays all the articles within a given category
- Single Article - Displays a single article (by providing the article ID/title)
- Hierarchical Table - Lists all the documents within a specific category/categories
- External URL - Allows you to create a menu item that links to another website
- Menu Item Alias - Placeholder menu item that points to another menu item within the site
- Text Separator - Placeholder menu item that does not click to anywhere (often a top-level menu item)
TO ADD CATEGORY BLOG PAGE TO AN EXISTING MENU
- Open the Menu Manager
- Select the menu you wish to add an item to
- Click the "NEW" icon in the top right
- Click the "Select" button to the right of "Menu Item Type" - In this example we will select the "Category Blog" Menu item Type.
- In "Choose a category" select the category you want to display on this page (If the category does not exist yet, continue these steps and create the desired category in the Category Manager. Then return to this new menu item to re-select the desired Category)
- Type in your Menu Title
- If the menu item is not a Menu Item Root (Main Level Menu Item), then select the section it will be under in the Parent Item dropdown box.
- Click the SAVE button in the top right
RE-ORDERING MENU ITEMS
There are two ways to re-order menu item lists:
- OPTION 1: Re-order menu items by clicking the arrow keys to move items up or down
- OPTION 2: Re-order menu items by a) clicking the SAVE Disk icon, b) Typing in the new number list order, c) And then clicking the SAVE DISK icon again.